TACO CHEESE CUPS
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 pound ground beef
½ teaspoon garlic powder or dried minced garlic
2 tablespoons cumin
2 tablespoons chili powder
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon salt
Tomatoes, to serve
Guacamole, to serve
Greek yogurt, to serve
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
Spoon 1 tablespoon piles of cheddar cheese 2 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until edges of cheese piles are golden brown.
Cool for 1 minute.
Press cheese piles into mini muffin tin slots to form cups. Allow cheese to cool completely before removing.
Add ground beef and salt to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until browned.
Drain grease from the meat.
Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and water to skillet and stir until well-incorporated.
Distribute meat to cheese cups.
Garnish with tomatoes, guacamole, and Greek yogurt.
Cinnamon Apple Bars
Makes: 12-15 bars
3 apples, thinly sliced
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups flour
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
2. Place apple slices in a large bowl and gently mix in sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and butter. Mix until crumbly.
4. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and pour ⅔ of the oats mixture in the bottom of the pan, pressing firmly to pack it down to make a crust.
5. Pour apples over the crust and spread in an even layer. Pour the remaining oat mixture over the top and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Cool completely before cutting.
Happy Monday! Here are some great school lunch ideas for your little ones!!!! 😍❤️
Neapolitan Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Brownie mix, plus box ingredients
Strawberry cake mix, plus box ingredients
Vanilla cake mix, plus box ingredients
36 cake ice cream cones
1½ cups unsalted butter, softened
4 ¾ cups powdered sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla
3-5 tablespoons milk
Maraschino cherries, optional, to serve
Sprinkles, optional, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
2. Place cones in each well of muffin tin.
3. In separate bowls, prepare brownie, strawberry cake, and yellow cake mixes per box instructions.
4. Fill each ice cream cone with 1 tablespoon of brownie batter. Top the brownie batter with 1 tablespoon of strawberry cake batter followed by 1 tablespoon of vanilla cake batter.
5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in the powdered sugar. Add vanilla and 3-5 tablespoons milk until you reach thick and smooth consistency.
7. Transfer frosting to piping bag and add a dollop to each cone like a soft serve ice cream.
8. Top with cherries and sprinkles.
HOMEMADE SOFT PRETZELS
1½ cups warm water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 packet dry active yeast
4½ cups flour
3 tablespoons oil, divided
⅔ cup baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast, and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil, and mix thoroughly until a dough forms. Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
Cut dough into 8 pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
Add baking soda to a large pot of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.