Time for #CookingFriday's
Today's recipe- Diwali specialbesan ke ladoo
Prep time- 25-30 mins
Serves- 15 medium sized ladoos
2 cups besan (gram flour)
½ to ⅔ cup ghee - add more ghee, if required
1 cup powdered sugar or boora
4 green cardamoms - powdered (choti elaichi or hari elaichi)
1 or 2 tablespoon golden raisins(kishmish)
• Dry roast the besan in a kadai or pan on slow flame for about 11-12 mins.
• Keep on stirring continuously right from the beginning. So that there is even browning.
• While roasting the besan, melt the ghee and keep aside.
• After 11-12 minutes of total roasting time, add the melted ghee and continue roasting the besan for some more 5-6 minutes stirring continuously.
• The besan would start to give a nice nutty fragrance and will start releasing ghee.
• Once you get a strong nutty fragrance then switch off the fire.
• Remove the pan from the stove and keep down.
• Add powdered sugar or boora. For best taste use the boora.
• Stir well so that no lumps are formed.
• Add the powdered cardamon and raisins. You can also add chopped dry fruits at this stage. stir well.
• Once you have mixed the besan ladoo mixture well then let it cool down to room temperature.
• Make small or medium sized besan ladoos and store them in air tight container.
Try this and tag us in your version of besan ke ladoo.