Living my life as a proudly Javanese and Indonesian, but today was the first time I learned how to do 'Batik' - a traditional method of dyeing fabric originally from Java, Indonesia. It was pretty difficult but I managed it though, yeyyy.. It is beautiful, isn't it? ❤❤❤
The steps of the method are:
1. Make patterns on the fabric using pencil. (Mine was done by the tutor)
2. Line the pattern well with the wax called 'malam' using a tool called 'canting'. You have to be very focus if you don't want to spill the wax and also make sure that all the line is covered with the wax.
3. The very fun part: coloring the pattern with dye! You could choose any color that you want and even mix them by yourself ❤
4. Let the fabric semi-dried outdoor but not under sunlight.
5. Cover it with waterglass liquid to retain the colors. Watch the colors is changing!
6. Let it dry under the sunlight until thr fabric is kind of stiff.
7. Put the dried fabric into a pot filled with hot water+a spoonful of sagoo starch about 3 minutes to rinse the wax.
8. Rinse it with cold water.
9. Voilaaa the colors is back to its original colors and your batik is done 😸
#latepost #batik #indonesia #traditional #dyeing #drawing #creativeindustry #weekendgetaway #batikday #rumahbatikpalbatu #howitsmade #howtomakebatik #visitindonesia