Lisa-Nicolai and curry paste from our own scratch it's alway brings us the best curry #พะแนง #paneang
Panang (or Paneang) Curry Serves for 1-2 person
In our workshop I always remind our class not to make themselves too complicated and this recipe is super easy. I use Red curry paste then adding ground rosted peanuts into red curry paste, that's it. And Panang curry is nearly the same recipe with Red curry just less liquid or less watering than Red curry. To make it as curry sauce very creamy goes for coconut cream or with coconut milk but need to simmer a little longer.
1 Tbsp tablespoons Panang curry paste (or Red curry paste)
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1 cup coconut milk
25 grams skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 Tea spoon palm sugar
1 Tea spoon fish sauce/soy sauce, or to taste
2-3 kaffir lime leaves, torn or finely sliced
1 fresh red chile peppers, sliced
1 stem fresh Thai basil leaves (for garnish)
1. Fry the curry paste in the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat until fragrant.
2. Stir the coconut milk into the curry paste and bring to a boil.
3. Add the chicken; cook and stir until the chicken is nearly cooked through, 5-10 minutes.
4. Stir the palm sugar, fish sauce, and kaffir lime leaves into the mixture; simmer together for 5 minutes.
5. Taste and adjust the saltiness by adding more fish sauce if necessary.
6. Garnish with sliced red chille peppers and Thai basil leaves to serve.