How Zola is Crushing the $300 Billion Wedding Industry One Registry at a Time * This company isn't really about technology, it's about solving people's basic needs for efficiency, effectiveness and simplicity - Jerry Yang @yahoo
* Gilt Group @gilt
- build in demand intent and vitality, build an emotional connection to your users - Met Nobu the co-founder
* How do you create a funnel that leads customers to checkout = limited quantity and limited time.
* What are users using today? Do your market research.
* E-commerce sites shouldn't look cold, impersonal, or like a checkout site
* Ask customers what they could do if they could do anything
* Let your customers personalize their experience as they want it. Let them make it their own.
* Guide the customer on what to do (customer service)
* Productize the idea of refer / invite a friend
* Personal invitation link. All customers get this referral link.
* Natural vitality because the user needs to invite all their friends and family.
* Build an emotional connection with your customers. Interview your users. Focus groups, surveys, interviews
* Listen to the words & phrases that your customers use
* Notification ping when the sale starts - behavioral modification / classical conditioning
* Solve the painful parts of customers problems
* Listen to what customers ask for
* Reduce the stress in your customer's lives. Make it fun and easy.
* Build an emotional connection. Make a real impact on people's lives.
Shan-Lyn Ma is the CEO and Co-Founder of Zola. Launched in October 2013, Zola is the fastest-growing online wedding registry in the country, with 10x revenue growth year-over-year, and 3x growth this year. Before starting Zola, Shan was the Chief Product Officer of Chloe + Isabel, and creator of Gilt Taste.
Shan-Lyn Ma, Co-Founder & CEO of Zola @shanlynm @zola
HustleCon / The Hustle Daily @thehustledaily