I went to Evening Tea with CeCe McDonald and it was EVVVEEEERRRYYTTHHIINNGGG! I felt like I was at church...like seriously!
I kept wanting to yell out “PREACH CECE😩😩!!” 🤣
I wish the world was here to hear what she had to say.
1. Black trans women are “seen as ultimately disposable”
2. Black trans women dying is “Old news in a new year”
3. “Trans women are forced into survival
4. CeCe said, as she was concluding her talk... “the reality is when I leave this room I still have to deal with everything that I’ve just talked about”
5. “Black trans women take care of trans black women.” 6. “When is the last time you bought a trans black woman a meal, paid a light bill or got their nails done?” 7. “It’s a privellege to not like confrontation “
8. “There is no room in the revolution for complacency”
9. “Passing privellege doesn’t keep a trans person from being murdered.” #thetruthwithsetyoufreeandsometimesithurts #lemons #listenshespeaks #activelistening #getyourentirelife #idid