11.10.2017 : Saturday : Lunch : Homecook
Tomato 🍅 Fried 🍳 Egg
Blanched Okra 🌱 in Ponzu Sauce 🍋
Tomato Fried Egg
3 large eggs
1 medium tomato (cut into chuncks)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 red onion (chopped)
50ml chicken stock/water
2 tbsp tomato ketchup**
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
Dashes of pepper
**I use Heinz
1. Crack eggs in mixing bowl, add pepper and soy sauce. Beat egg until fluffy.
2. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onion, stir fry until soft then add garlic. Continue to stir fry until fragrant but be careful not to burn them.
3. Add tomato, stir fry until soft then add ketchup, stir to mix. Add chicken stock and sugar. Bring to boil. Off heat, set aside in a bowl.
4. Using the same pan, heat up a little more oil. Pour in eggs. Using spatula, gently stir the eggs to scramble but not break the egg. Stop stirring when shape is formed. Continue heating until egg is almost cooked but still a little runny.
5. Slide egg onto plate, top with tomato mixture.
6. Serve hot.
The boy said mummy cook (again) when asked where he wants to go for lunch. 😅 I managed to come up with just these for the both of us with whatever is left in the fridge
#lifeasmrsyeocooks #recipe #food #foodporn #foodsg #foodlover #foodstagram #foodpoc #sgfood #sgfoodies #fooddiary #instafood #homecooked #simplehomecooked #onourtable #lifeasmrsyeocooksegg #lifeasmrsyeocookstomatofriedegg #tomatofriedegg #friedegg #egg #okra #chinesefood #chinesecooking #lunch