Got a lot of questions about #supersoldierpose
last week so I decided to make a video! 🤗❤️
First how to warm up and the poses that will build into super soldier:
- Forward folds. Shown here is padungusthasana and padahastasana.
- Standing split. Shown at wall, away from wall is great too.
- Forward fold at wall. Feet slightly wider than hip distance, pressing back into the wall to lengthen spine and work torso towards thighs.
- Wide lunge with pulling back heel towards butt.
For the actual pose, I position myself a little away from the wall so that if I do lose balance, the wall is there. Although I do lose my balance a bit the other way, but I could always release and be fine.
- I come into the wider forward fold and then begin lifting one leg into standing split as I pull my torso through.
- Once leg is lifted, unlike regular standing split, I rotate the hip outwards opening up and bending the knee to bring heel towards butt.
- I then reach the arm next to the standing leg up to find my foot, and use that leverage to pull knee up higher as I try to stabilize. The farther the hand on the floor is away from the body generally the more stable.
Although I did a few sun salutations and these targeted stretches to warm up, I was still not as warm as I'd really recommend to get into this.
Super soldier is definitely a peak pose! 🙌
Hope this was helpful in answering a few questions and please feel so welcome to DM or comment with any more! 🙏✨