You are probably familiar with the last ten nights of Ramadan, and how virtuous good deeds are in those nights? Yes.
Well, let me introduce you to 10 days that are MORE virtuous, yet many people are not aware of it. It’s the first ten days of the Islamic calendar month of Dhul-Hijjah
According to the Prophet, sal Allahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, who said, “There is no day more honorable in Allah’s sight and no acts more beloved therein to Allah than those in these ten days (of Dhul-Hijjah)” The Prophet said, “No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these (first ten days of Dhal Hajja).” Then some companions of the Prophet said, “Not even Jihad?” He replied, “Not even Jihad”, except that of a man who does it by putting himself and his property in danger (for Allah’s sake) and does not return with any of those things.”(Bukhari 15: 86)
What sort of extra good deeds can you do?
1. Fasting these 9 days
2. Giving more charity during these 10 days
3. Say the “Eid” Takbeers loudly wherever you go. (Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Laa ilaaha illa Allah. Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar. Walillaahil hamd.)
4. Try to pray more prayers in the Masjid
5. Increase ties of kinship (visit family, say kind words to them, etc.)
6. Perform more voluntary prayers at home
7. Read more Quran, contemplating the meanings
8. Do more Dhikr
9. Ask for forgiveness more frequently
#firsttendays #fasting #DhulHijjah #sacrifice #ProphetMuhammad
#Prayer #Quran #Dhikr