Looks too good to be real but it it is! 🔗
Oreo Churro ice cream sandwich!
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar (1/6 cup for batter)
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- 2 pints of vanilla ice-cream
1. Remove the filling from the cookies and save the the filling for future recipe.
2. Use rolling pin to roll over the the cookies to a fine crumb, you can also use a food processor. Set it aside.
3. On the burner, butter in a pot of medium-high heat temperature. Once the butter melts, add water, 1/6 cup of sugar, flour, and the cookies crumbs. Stir them until the mixture forms up to a dough and fully combines. Turn off the heat.
4. Rest the dough for 15 minutes, then add eggs; suggested one at a time, and stir them together well.
5. Add the churro dough in a piping bag with a large star tip, pipe the dough starting from the middle and going around in a circle to three-inch circles on a parchment paper or a wax paper on a baking sheet. Freeze them for 30 minutes.
6. Using the spatula to pick up the churros and toss churros; suggested two at a time, in a 350°F oil. Turn them occasionally. After two to three minutes or they start to be less sizzling, remove and rest them on a plate with paper napkins to absorb the oil. Immediately while they still warm, toss them in a bowl of sugar and flip them a couple of times to have them coated with sugar. Set churros coated with sugar on a plate.
7. A pint of frozen solid ice-cream, slice them with bread slicer knife into one-inch thick round shape. Take one churro, top it with a slice of ice-cream and top it with another churro to make an ice-cream sandwich. Peel off the paper packaging the ice-cream. Repeat the process to make 6 Oreo churro ice-cream sandwiches.
8. You can also decorate the ice-cream with crushed Oreo cookies.
9. Ready to serve!