Also check @fitness_recipes
Sesame Orange Tofu by @thewanderlustkitchen
For the Sauce
Juice and zest from one large orange (about 1/4 cup juice and 1 tablespoon zest)
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the Stir Fry
14 ounces firm tofu
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sesame oil
5 tablespoons corn starch
2 teaspoons peanut or grapeseed oil
8 scallions, sliced (keep white and green parts separate)
1 large orange, segmented
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Bring three cups of water to a boil (on the stove or in the microwave).
2. Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl; whisk until well-combined. Set aside.
3. Drain the tofu and cut into bite-sized cubes. Place the tofu in a colander and pour the boiling water over the top. Pat dry with paper towels, then transfer the tofu to a plastic zipper-close bag. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to the bag. Seal the bag and give it a good shake. Re-open the bag and add one tablespoon of the corn starch. Re-seal and shake to coat. Repeat with remaining cornstarch, one tablespoon at a time, until the tofu is well-coated.
4. Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet or wok set over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the scallions and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes; until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the tofu to the pan and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute per side (6 minutes total).
6. Give the prepared sauce a good stir and pour into the pan. Toss with the tofu and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened.
7. Turn off the heat and stir in the scallions (white and green) and orange segments. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.