The First Hair Cut's around the #Globe.
- For centuries they didn't cut hair of a baby until 10 years of age but now they do at 11 months of Age and keep it tied to a red string for keepsake. #change
- A Mass hair cutting ceremony is held on the holiday of Lag Ba'omer at the tomb of Rabbi Simeon bar Yohai in the Galilean town of #Meron.
Culture) The ritual first haircut (Polish: postrzyżyny) between the ages of 7 and 10, was conducted by either the boy's father or a stranger, who would thus enter into the boy's #family.
- babies often have their hair cut on their first birthday. #birthdaygift
- A haircutting ceremony is a rite of passage for young boys. At these large gatherings the boy sits on a chair draped with tīvaevae (quilts). As his hair is cut, members of the community plaster the boy with #money
or other gifts.
- Native American tribes commemorated the first haircut with a ritualistic #dance.
The Apache tribe had a springtime ritual. .
- There is a tradition of performing the first haircut anytime after the child's second birthday. As the #texture
of the child's hair changes and before age two, hair tends to become coarse and less manageable. 👶
💫 #Turkey #Syria
- The bisk ceremony is regarded as the central initiatory ritual by most Yazidis from Turkey, Armenia and Syria. In the European Diaspora, the term is often translated as #baptism.
- The child is freshly shaven to signify #freedom
from the past and moving into the #future.
This leads to the question of the century! How do I stop my father from making me these funny hairstyles?
Do you think it's cool? .
#baby #babiesofinstagram #photooftheday #photography #shotoniphone #theweekoninstagram